The Lorry of the Lord???

So I was standing at the back of the Church, getting ready to say my little opening spiel about welcome to Gethsemane and all that, when one of the members of Gethsemane runs out and says to me, "YOU HAD TO HAVE DONE THIS ON PURPOSE!!!" I looked at him dumbfounded and said, "What?" He showed me the bulletin for today and what was written down as the opening hymn.

Now, let me first share with you that I try my best to get through the bulletin each Thursday before I send it off to be printed. I try hard to catch all the spelling errors and all the fun stuff you mess up when you are creating a bulletin, even one that is mostly done for you already... The opening hymn for today was "The Glory of the Lord shineth" or something like that, except that I put down the "lorry of the Lord..." Everyone cracked up when, after saying my welcoming schtick I added, "Please stand and join me in singing our opening hymn, The Lorry of the Lord, which we will promptly follow with 'Put gas in my ford, keep me truckin for the Lord!"

Suffice it to say, it was a fun morning, what a great way to start your worship experience for a Sunday, I wish we could always find a way to break the ice like that, there were smiles all around, it was quite awesome! Thanks to Justin for his Ford/Lord song title, it made the day and good job preaching as well, sir!

Hey, you, come to Church!
Be well,
A+

Comments

Anonymous said…
At least you didn't throw stuff today!

Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation