Sermon from Sunday

So I "wung it" this Sunday, but I did want to post the lyrics to the song I used as the centerpiece of the sermon. The texts were great, OT was Naboth's Vineyard, and the Gospel was the woman with the Alabaster Jar. Both are about forgiveness, reconciliation. Though it will not be obvious, I think I did a fair job of relating the song and the rest of the sermon to the readings...

The Song is THE STORY, by Brandy Carlile, the following is the first verse, the crux of my content for the sermon...

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

Imagine the woman at the feet of Jesus speaking these stories and her gratitide for the forgiveness of her sins to Jesus. I think it can be quite powerful to sit with these lyrics and that Gospel story and imagine what reconciliation truly looks like.

Be well,
A+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation