ON THE DRIVE HOME... I got nuffin

So the drives home lately have been relatively quiet. I imagine that some of what happens in the car and some of what is said is pretty noteworthy, would be entertaining, but most of that has been hashed over so much in the past two years that it is no longer entertaining to me or Sara as it once was. You hear it a couple hundred times and its funny, then it eventually stops being funny.

Anyway, Eliot and Naomi both have taken to answering my once brilliantly disguised question, "So, what happened at school today Eliot/Naomi" with "Nuthin." Seriously, Eliot says "Nuffing" and Naomi just sits quietly, or says, I played with my kids.

That is something that is cute beyond measure, whenever we are talking about school and their classmates, we don't call them friends, we don't call them classmates, or anything like that, the other children at school are identified by E & N as "my kids."

Now I am not sure if this is a good thing or not, but it brings to my memory a time when I walked in on the Naomi's classroom only to find her in the middle of a circle of kids laughing and laughing. They were supposed to lined up ready to go to the Commons, but they had all encircled Naomi and seemed to be watching her every move. It was cute, and I never thought much of it till I connected it with her idea of "my kids." Watch out.

The same goes for Eliot, its not just the kids in his class that want to hang out with him, its the kids in the BIG KIDS class. The BIG KIDS, Eliot is awed by these kids but I think they are just as awed by him for whatever reason.

We are watching the Showtime Special, "The Tudors" about Henry the 8th. Its really cool, Eliot has about 4 or 5 servants that are always hanging around him at school and feeding him information about what is going on and what is happening. The big kids run up to him when I get there, and they say, "Your Dad is here!!!" He kind of looks at them as if he knew that or it wasn't all that important of a piece of information, try better next time, get me information I can USE!!!

Maybe that is what I need to do, try another track, find out what information I can feed into them so that the information they have can be released to the world of the blog, I think they are on to me though. It's going to take some extra work...

Game on Baby!
Be well,
A+

Comments

Unknown said…
Our son,was shy and unwilling to go to a birthday party across the street with out his sister. Pre-school seemed necessary at 4. After several weeks of mom taking him in to the school, he got out of the car, looked me square in the eye and said "mom I don't need you."
I felt the warm flood of tears flowing. He had accomplished what we had set out for him but it didn't feel good for a minute.
Martha said…
Dear Vicar
It's been months since you posted and this reader awaits...I caught the Blessing of the Maibock this past May and was so proud that it was Episcopal priests pulling it off! How cool is that?!

Popular posts from this blog

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

An interesting Observation