Precious Moments

On Friday we had a funeral at Church, for a woman who was a long timer at Gethsemane and lived an extraordinarily full life with a great and loving family. There are often precious moments at funerals, moments that are particulars "thin" or very Holy, or moments where you get a glimpse into a family that you might never have expected.

This precious moment, however, didn't happened as expected. It happened in the morning before the 11AM service began. I was preparing food with a couple of real old timers from Gethsemane who loved the woman who died very much and was a good friend. Anyway, Don walked up to me and got really close and pulled out of his pocket a packet of listerine pocket strips. He opened them up and looked at me and said, "You want one of these..."

I promptly went back to my office and brushed my teeth!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation