She's so broke...

I was walking back to the Church from the hospital today, impressed by all the smiling faces and the friendliness out about, it must be spring, when I heard this really wonderful and funny statement.

I was waiting to cross, I think Park Avenue, on 8th street, when the folks walking towards me started having a loud conversation.

Oh, I chuckle just remembering it, out of the blue, like totally out of the air in front of me, this guy says, very loudly, maybe intended for the freaky man in the collar to hear, "She's so broke, she can't even pay attention!"

I love it, that is my new favorite line.

Treasurer: "Well, we have a boring budget report this month."
Me: "No kidding, we're so broke we can't even pay attention!"

Parishioner's Child: "Fr. Aron, my dog died."
Me: "You're so broke, you can't even pay attention!"

Wife: "Hi Honey, glad you're home!"
Me: "Glad to BE home, you're so broke, you can't even PAY attention!"

Bishop: "The Church is doing well, Vicar, keep up the good work!"
Me: "We're doing well, but you're so broke you can't even pay attention!"

Me: "May God's blessing be upon you all."
Congregation: You're so broke, you can't even pay attention!"

It's right up there with "So's your face!"

Love it, love it, love it.
Be well.
A+

Comments

dawn224 said…
Patrick and I were in N'Awlins in a restaurant that was having a poetry slam, one of the lines was "Baby, she look like a walkin' lap dance."

This story made me remember that line. Awesome.
JKSk8terboy said…
This is really funny. I enjoyed it a lot. Mostly because it reminded me of when I was a kid.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation