Certain Company

I was sitting in an office today and looked at the front page of the Star Tribune. On said front page was an article about how my alma mater is rejecting a request to have Bishop Desmond Tutu come and speak. For the record, I think it is ridiculous, of course that a man such as Tutu, with the tremendous accomplishments he has achieved, is going to be sent away from even a Roman Catholic institution. Sara and I are both appalled and have more reasons to not give any of our hard earned dough to the University.

Anyway, as I looked at the front page, I was struck to see what they were actually writing. The paper, and this is my first reaction, had the GALL to place Archbishop Tutu in the same company as the president of Iran, can't spell his name right now, Ann Coulter and Michael Moore. WHAT??? Ann Coulter? What has she done that could even shine a candle to the ministry Bishop Tutu has accomplished? What has Michael Moore done? And the president of Iran? Yikes, the point, I feel, was poorly made.

Just wanted to vent, Tutu will be presenting at Metropolitan State University I hear, and if he can't do that, Bishop Tutu, we would be happy to have you here at The Garden, I hope I left a good enough impression when I was your chaplain in Berkeley at the CDSP graduation.

Be well,
A+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation