Good Intentions

Well, sometimes the best of intentions just don't cut it, do they.

Today I am sitting in my office getting caught up on email, and mail and phone messages and all that wonderful stuff. I have been in Baltimore since Friday and just returned to my office. My office, today, is freezing cold, I mean freezing, even I couldn't handle it anymore. So I walked downstairs flipped on the boiler, thinking I would like to have it run for a while and warm the place up.

So I did. And it got warm, I was comfortable, and was planning on turning the boiler off at about 12:30 before I left for my 1PM appt.

It was not long after I turned the boiler on, 25 minutes MAYBE, the sirens started screaming, the fire trucks, and I mean a lot of them, more than I have ever heard, starting coming towards the church, so I got up to see where they were going, and what they were doing.

When I stood up, and looked out my office window, lo and behold they were sitting right there looking at our roof. I went out and talked them down, told them the boiler had just been turned on and the "smoke" coming out of the chimney was actually normal and just fine.

Our chimney has been at the center of craziness for a while, we have been trying to get it fixed as it was hit by lightening sometime this summer, and the insurance company is dragging their feet on it. Of course we have been on top of the game from day one...

Anyway, I am sitting right now in my office, with my car behind a fire line that says do not cross, an appointment I have to get to in a half hour, and a big question as to who the H-E-double hockey sticks called the fire department before they bothered to call us here at the Church.

Sometimes, people's good intentions are a heck of a lot more difficult than they are helpful. If it had been a fire, wouldn't there have been BLACK smoke???!!!

Ugh, to the people in American Express, thank you for your concern, now come and join us and see that this place is not dead, it is fully alive!

Be well,
A+

Comments

dawn224 said…
Maybe thought it was a Papal Election gone wrong?

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation