A Litany for Beer Drinkers

This was written by the Rev. Neil Elliott, a very smart, witty and creative priest in the Diocese of MN.

The response after each statement is "Good Lord Deliver Us." It is a sung response and fits great with the whole litany.

From wasting money on thin beer and time on thinner conversation...
From jerks, creeps, mashers and the pathologically boring, and those who think they are your gift to those in the bar...
From thinking beer has made us clever when we are only beginning to sound stupid...

That is a taste of the litany, I figured I better not publish it all, but if you want it, let me know and I will send it to you! It is realy funny.

Be well,
A+

Comments

wildknits said…
Yowser! Great couple of posts after a long absence!

Yes, please forward on the full beer drinkers litany. How wonderful you blessed the Maibock - a very good beer usually. We have our own version brewing in the basement. Should we have you up for a blessing?

Glad to know you are still visiting the North Country.

I am very interested in what you have to say - what you are thinking - about mission and oppression and the relevancy of the church. Good thought-provoking stuff. ~ Lisa(in Duluth)
Hi Lisa,
You can't drink Maibock until its blessed, so you better have me up for a blessing!!! I will post mor about mission stuff in the near future. Hope you are well!
A+
Anonymous said…
You know we have an open door policy for you and the family.

I will let Jon know the beer needs a blessing. When are you available? ;->
Anonymous said…
Aron,
I would love to have the full litany if you still have it. I just found your blog and will now be much more up to date on asking you for things from it. I do belive that Mike Lawyer would have a HAY DAY if he could see this litany though email it over to me please!

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

An interesting Observation