Speaking of the Church's mission... BEER!!!

So I received a call last Thursday about doing a blessing ceremony I never imagined I would participate it. I am not talking about a Marriage or anything like that. Beer, yup, beer, Maibock to be exact, some sort of beer that is really good. Anyway, I received a call in desperation to be at this blessing because two other folks couldn't. I said yes, of course, cause this is what I have been talking about, mission in a brand new way. Very exciting.

I arrived around 5:30PM and met with Matt, one of the officials at the Town Hall Brewery, a very cool guy who got us all hooked up and ready to go. When the festivities commenced, with the able help of Jay Christopherson, we marched into the bar, swinging incense and preparing to chant and bless and do some churchy like things. I proceeded to the brewery where I blessed the large vat of Maibock, then we walked into the bar and proceeded with the ceremony. It was hilarious, I bet there were around 100 people singing the Chant along with me and participating in this rockin event. It was so cool. I will post the Litany for Beer Drinkers that I sang in the next post. It was written by the excellent and funny Rev. Neil Elliott.

I was great and the folks at Town Hall Brewery were great. They make really good fries too!
Be well,
A+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

An interesting Observation