A sweet sound

So Ben, from Ben's Restoration, the guys doing the Bell Tower, came storming into my office today and said, "Where are the switches to ring the bells?" We walked into the sanctuary where they are and he pressed one button that launched a little hammer against the largest bell in the tower, and we heard this ringing, ever so quietly echo through the sanctuary, it was exciting.

Then later in the day I was outside and asked Ben to ring it again. This time instead of the little hammer he actuly pulled the rope on one of the smaller bells higher up in the tower. It was awesome. Of course it was funny too because all these people were staring at me as I was looking at the tower, waiting for the bell to ring. They thought something might come down on their heads and were quite shocked to hear the bell ring when it finally did. It was funny. Anyway, the bells have rung for the first time in several years, I was saying 50, but George Hoglund said it wasn't that long. I think 50 years sounds better though. I am hoping that I can find a way to record the sound and post it on the blog here.

Be well!
A+

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember coming to midnight Mass at Christmas with the bells ringing. Cold crisp night with my children, A memeory.

Popular posts from this blog

A Deeper Crisis for the Episcopal Church in Minnesota???

Beautiful Impartiality. Easter Day Sermon

An interesting Observation